Looking for Fashion Advice? The girls at Helen Ainson are always on top of the new trends. We provide helpful advice, insight and resources to help you get the very most out of your wardrobe. Reading our blog can help you with Tips for Choosing a Mother of the Bride (or Groom) Gown, The Must Have Jean: Second Yoga, Going Out tops, How And What To Pack For Your Warm Weather Getaway. These are just a few insights to what we write about in our blog. Sign up for our email and you can receive our blog once a month. You never know what you might find or how much you can learn. A little Fashion Advice can go a long way.
One of our favorite blogs and most important to our business is Choosing a Mother of the Bride/Groom Dress Which we posted in March.
Fashion Advice About Choosing Your Gown:
- Always know what the bride wants for her day. If she wants you to wear a certain color or style, then keep that in mind when shopping for your gown.
- If she has left the color choice to you then try to have an idea of what colors you look best in. What colors make you feel great when you wear them? Also, think about what colors people compliment you on when you wear them. Do cool colors suit you? Perhaps you look best in warmer tones like sienna, chocolate, or coral? Go with what looks best with your hair color, skin tone and eye color.
- Pleating and ruching are great figure flattering details that can disguise a tummy or other lumps and bumps. Ruching can also add curves to a figure that is void of any!
- Remember that it’s the bride’s day to shine so don’t go too over the top with the gown you choose (unless she has given you the go-ahead of course!). Looking ultra flashy and too glammed up will upstage the bride.
- Tailor it! Make sure your gown has been tailored to your body. A perfectly tailored gown will make your figure look its best.